All character's start off with $4,000 although this can be altered by selecting certain quirks. The referee is fully within his rights to make your character make a streetwise roll to obtain certain pieces of equipment or provide a suitable explanation from the character's history. Maybe your character has some contacts that could score her that ace Maas laptop or GSI Powerlaser. You can spend your character's money on whatever you want. However, the referee has the final say on ANY equipment.
All characters start the game with:
- An ordinary set of clothing (suitable to their social status or profession).
- Bank Debit card (if applicable, but your character must have a SIN for this).
- Wallet with Identity Papers.
As a rule of thumb your character should have at least some of the following:
- Some sort of armoured clothing (nothing too noticeable for day to day wear)..
- A weapon for personal defence (stungun or small handgun).
- Somewhere to live (anything from a rack-coffin to a swanky city apartment).
- Transport would be useful but not vital (go for two wheels or an aircar - the traffic's very bad these days).
- Cellphone for those all important calls